niedziela, 24 stycznia 2016

The Sequel

Welcome, I write this post as a continuation of the last one. Recently, I've briefly spoken about the differences in modern dance and ballet. Now  I'll show my favourites modern choreographers.

As I told I'm a big fan of contemporary dance, not olny when  it comes to the movements but also regarding the performances. Generally, people prefere classical performances and it is understandable; the  point is that classical ballet is more like a fairy tale. There are fairies, princes and princesses in pretty, colourful costumes. Futhermore there is a story. Sometimes it last a bit to long- it has  three or four acts and infinity number of scenes, but classical performances contains simple plot,  and that's why they are nice to watch.

Modern choreographies can also have an essence but mostly they are just uncomprehensible.
The choreographers usualy create abstract performances, which are often connected with emotional and mental sphere. They give us chance to our own interpretation and reflections.

Above I put a fragment of "Six dances" in choreograpfy of Jiri Kylian, the most popular modern choreographer. In this one, he connected
contemporary dance with classical movements and gave a  hilarious climat.  I think it's obligatory to reccomend.

The film below shows creation of my favourite choreographer- Angelin Preljocaj. This is part of performance "Ceci mon corps", which actually has no story; it shows pure movements with no special meaning. The thing that I admire the most is the unity and harmony of company and also a good exploitation of the space.

And what do you think about it? Write in comments!

Martyna

1 komentarz:

  1. Both of these are truly excellent! The thing with ballet is, however, that I always think of the struggle and pain which is necessary to achieve such powerful effects.

    OdpowiedzUsuń