niedziela, 17 stycznia 2016

Please, give me more chocolate!

Hello everybody! I write  this post to dispel the biggest myth of the ballet world.

As you suppose, this one will be about eating. Each time I talk to someone about ballet, the first thing they usually ask me, is if I'm able to make the splits, and the second one- if I had to keep a diet. It is common knowledge that the dancers have to be skinny, but everybody thinks that we don't eat at all, and we starve ourselves. Nothing could be more wrong.

The truth is, that against the stereotypes, in the ballet school you can find the biggest gluttons in the world. I remember a lot of funny situations when fople Iwas passing through the corridor with a bar of chocolate and all of sudden I had to hide because my ballet teacher or the director was also there.
I was always laughing that the most common phrases you could hear among my classmates were: "I am hungry", and "does anyone have anything to eat?".

Of course I know some instances when a person were so ambitious and wanted to be as thin as possible, or just was under preassure of a teacher. Sometimes it could lead to the problems with anorexia. Anyway, the exception proves the rule. I would like to know what do you think about it, so please, write the comments.

Martyna

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz