niedziela, 17 stycznia 2016

"Swan Lake"... any others?

Hello! This time I will tell you about my favourite performance.

Not everyone is a big fan of ballet. It is rather obvious why; nowadays we have TV and generally if we have to make a choie, where to go out on Friday evening, more often we choose the cinema than the opera house. Well, this  kind of performances isn't as popular as it once was. About one hundred years ago, the ballerinas, especially the russian dancers were the greatest stars. Now the situation is quite different.

When I ask people about the ballet they know, the majority of them say "Swan Lake". There are a lot of other, more beautiful and touching ballets, and actually I just don't understand the phenomene of "Swan Lake". My favourite one is "Bayadera". It tells a sad story of indian temple dancer, who is called Nikija, and her lover- very brave warrior named Solor. Unluckily he betrays Nikija; he marries beautiful princess Gamzatti, who orders to kill Nikija. I love this ballet on account of the story, but also when it comes to the stage decorations and costumes, which are very colourful and capture the atmosphere of the indian culture. However, the element that won my heart is wonderful and catchy music, written by Ludvig Minkus.

If you have a chance to see any ballet, I recommend you this one. I assure you won't be dissapointed! I'm looking forward to your comments.

Martyna

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz